- 2 Tbsp olive oil $0.32
- 4 cloves garlic $0.32
- 1 yellow onion $0.16
- 28 oz can whole peeled tomatoes $1.69
- 1/2 Tbsp smoked paprika $0.15
- 1 tsp ground cumin $0.10
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano $0.05
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes $0.02
- Freshly cracked pepper $0.05
- 1/4 tsp salt, or to taste $0.02
- 15 oz can cannellini beans $1.19
- 4 large eggs $1.10
- Handful fresh parsley, chopped $0.20
- 2 oz feta, crumbled $1.12
Mince the garlic and finely dice the onion. Cook both in a large deep skillet with olive oil over medium heat until the onions are soft and transparent (about 5 minutes).
Add the canned tomatoes and their juices, crushing the tomatoes with your hands as you add them to the skillet. Add the smoked paprika, cumin, oregano, red pepper flakes, and some freshly cracked pepper as well. Stir to combine.
Allow the sauce to come to a simmer. Let the sauce simmer, stirring occasionally, for 5-7 minutes, or until it has thickened slightly. Add 1/4 tsp salt, then taste the sauce and adjust the salt or other spices to your liking.
Drain the white beans, add them to the skillet, then stir to combine. Allow the skillet to return to a simmer. Simmer for 2-3 minutes more.
Crack four eggs into the skillet, then place a lid on top and let them simmer for 5 minutes, or until the whites are set but the yolks are still soft. Top the skillet with the crumbled feta and chopped parsley.