- 2 1/2 cups of finely milled almond flour
- 1 1/4 cups of sugar substitute (I use Swerve)
- 2 teaspoons of instant expresso powder
- 3 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/2 cup of softened butter
- 8 oz. package of cream cheese softened
- 5 eggs
- 2 ounces of unsweetened chocolate melted.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease a 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan
- Melt the 2 ounces of chocolate and set aside.
- In a large mixer beat together the butter, cream cheese and sugar substitute until light and fluffy.
- Add the 5 eggs one at a time, combining well after each addition.
- Next add the almond flour, baking powder and salt.
- Mix until well incorporated.
- Pour 3/4 of the cake batter into the greased loaf
- To the remaining batter in the mixing bow add the melted 2 ounces of unsweetened chocolate and instant coffee.
- Spread the the chocolate mixture over the pound cake batter
- With a skewer or toothpick gently swirl the top of the cake for a marble effect.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes in 350 degree oven.
- Allow to cool fully before slicing and serving.