- 3 medium, very ripe bananas (1 cup + 2 tablespoons mashed)
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flax + 6 tablespoons water, whisk together, set for 15 mins)
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ cups gluten free oat flour (how to make gluten free oat flour here)
- 1 ¼ cups gluten free rolled oats
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¾ cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon gluten free rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325°F degrees. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with muffin liners.
- Peel bananas and add to a large mixing bowl. Using a sturdy whisk or fork, mash bananas until smooth. Add the oil, sugar, maple syrup, flax eggs, milk and vanilla. Whisk until well incorporated.
- Add oat flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon. Whisk together until just incorporated, making sure no flour patches remain. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Using a large scoop, scoop and drop batter evenly into muffin cups. I use this ice cream scoop for easy scooping and a beautiful round top. If not using the scoop, smooth batter into an even layer, with a domed top (rise) in the center. Optionally, press oats and chocolate chips on top of the muffins.
- Bake for 24-30 minutes. Mine took 29 minutes for large domed-topped muffins.
- Allow to cool in muffin pan set on a cooling rack for about 20 minutes. Remove from pan to finish cooling, about 1-2 hours. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.