- Bones from 1 3-4lb. chicken
- 2 medium carrots, scrubbed and cut in half
- 1 medium parsnip, scrubbed and into large chunks (may substitute more carrots, if desired)
- 3 celery ribs (or ends and leaves to equal 1 cup)
- 1 large yellow onion, quartered with skin and root end in tact
- 6 cloves of garlic, lightly smashed
- 1 bay leaf
- 8-10 peppercorns
- Handful of fresh herbs (sage, rosemary, thyme and/or parsley; optional)
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- Sea salt to taste
- Place bones, vegetables, aromatics, peppercorns, herbs (if using or leftover from your Whole Chicken) and vinegar into the pot of the Instant Pot.
- Add enough water to just cover the bones and vegetables in the pot.
- Wipe rim of insert dry with a towel. Place lid on Instant Pot and lock into place.
- Flip vent valve to ‘Sealing’.
- Select ‘Manual’ setting and adjust time to 120 minutes.
- When cooking is done, allow pressure to release naturally (10-20 minutes).
- Release any residual pressure using the vent valve before removing the lid.
- Allow broth to cool before straining into jars for storage.