This “tastes like homemade” apple pie starts with pre-made crust and apple pie filling, for an amazing fall dessert that’s ready in almost no time!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 (21 oz.) can apple pie filling
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Vanilla ice cream for topping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Melt butter in a 9-inch cast iron skillet over medium heat. Remove one tablespoon of butter for the top crust.
- Add the brown sugar and stir well. Continue cooking for a few minutes until the mixture just begins to bubble and the sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and lay one pie crust in the skillet, over the melted butter and brown sugar mixture. Spread the apple pie filling evenly over the crust.
- In a small bowl, toss together the white sugar and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of the cinnamon sugar over the apple pie filling.
- Top the filling with the second pie crust, folding the edges over to form a border.
- Brush the top crust with the reserved 1 tablespoon butter. Sprinkle with additional cinnamon sugar, as desired.
- Cut vents in the center of the pie. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.