Make your own sugar free marshmallows with this recipe. Then, you can use them in recipes such as my sugar free s’mores or cereal treats!
- Sugar free powdered sugar- enough for dusting your pan with.
- Gelatin Packets – 2 unflavored. it is easiest to use packets rather than measuring your own. You can find gelatin packets online. Each packet is about 2 tablespoons. Be sure to use unsweetened gelatin.
- Water- 1/2 cup cold water.
- Sugar alternative- granular works best. Use the equivalent to 2 cups of sugar.
- Water- 1/2 cup additional
- Vanilla Extract 3 teaspoons.
- Optional- salt 1/2 teaspoon.
Prep a non metal baking dish with sugar free powdered sugar and then set this aside.
In a mixing bowl (that you will be using with a mixer later on), combine together the gelatin packets and 1/2 cup of the cold water. Allow this to sit while you continue to work.
Meanwhile, in a sauce pan set on medium, combine together your sugar alternative, optional salt and the remaining water. Stirring as you go, allow this to just about bubble( 8-10 minutes). Remove this from heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
Now, start your mixer on slow (whisk attachment works best for me) with the first bowl that you had set aside. Gradually pour the contents of the second bowl along the inside of the mixing bowl. Allow the mixture to double in size- takes about 12-14 minutes in the mixer.
Once the mixture has doubles in size, you can pour it into your prepped pans. Some folks like to sprinkle additional powdered sugar (alternative) on top of this. Allow it to cool uncovered before cutting into squares.
Store your marshmallow covered in the refrigerator.