A little bit spicy and creamy, and a whole lotta delicious this Thai-inspired curry is loaded with chicken and mango.
- 3 tbsp Sesame oil, divided 2:1 can sub with peanut oil
- 3 chicken breast, cubed/diced
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 large red bell pepper; julienned
- 1 large green bell pepper; julienned
- 3 cloves garlic; minced/grated
- 2 tbsp yellow curry paste (Thai)
- ½-3/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp fish sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup cilantro plus more for garnish
- 3 cups frozen mango chunks
- 2 cups coconut milk divided 1:1
- Cooked Jasmine Rice
Heat the wok on high, add 2 tbsp. sesame oil.
Add chicken and cook until mostly done; remove and set aside.
Add remaining sesame oil to the still hot wok.
Add onions, stir, then add peppers and garlic, stir-fry for 3-5 minutes until veggies have reached desired doneness.
Add the curry paste, ginger, fish sauce and broth, mix well, taking care that the paste has been fully dissolved.
Simmer for 3 minutes, allowing the liquid to reduce.
Return the chicken to the wok with its released juices.
Continue to reduce for another 2 minutes.
Add mangoes and cilantro, stir well and cook another 2 minutes, stirring often.
Add one cup of the coconut milk and allow it to reach a high simmer and begin to reduce, 3-5 minutes.
Once it starts to thicken, add the remaining 1 cup coconut milk, return to a high simmer for 2 minutes, and remove from heat, serve with rice and garnish with fresh chopped cilantro.