This Grilled Hassleback Fajita Stuffed Chicken is stuffed with bell peppers and red onions then topped with tex mex cheese – it’s a delicious and healthy weeknight dinner that comes together in a pinch!
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp fajita or taco seasoning
- 1/2 each red, yellow and green pepper, very thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese (I use the pre-shredded tex mex kind)
- Cilantro (optional for garnish)
- Salsa and sour cream (for serving)
Roasted sweet potatoes (optional side)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 sweet potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
Preheat oven to 450 F. Toss sweet potatoes in olive oil and spices in a medium-sized ovensafe dish. Roast in oven for 25-30 min until tender.
Preheat BBQ to med-high. Meanwhile, make horizontal cuts across each chicken breast (see video if you’re unsure how!) Rub chicken with olive oil and taco seasoning. Add bell peppers and red onions to each cut, then put each breast on the grill.
Cook chicken for 15 min. Remove and top with cheese, then grill another 5 min until cheese is melted. Remove from grill and serve alongside sweet potatoes, topping with optional cilantro, salsa and sour cream. Enjoy!