- 6 ounces cream cheese (block – not spreadable – no additives)
- 2 1/4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (low moisture – part skim – no additives, preservatives, etc)
- 3 large eggs
- 2 1/4 tablespoons aluminum free baking powder
- 1 cup + 1/2 tablespoon almond flour (we use Bob’s Red Mill Fine Almond Flour – link below)
Spinach Artichoke Dip:
- 1 (7 oz) can artichoke hearts, drained and finely chopped
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup mozzarella
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups fresh spinach, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 onion, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400° F
- In a small pot over low heat melt the cream cheese and mozzarella together. It should resemble a thick gooey paste. You can also use the microwave.
- Add the melted cheeses to a large bowl along with the baking powder, almond flour, and eggs. Mix until smooth and refrigerate 10-20 minutes. Roll into 12 balls and chill in the refrigerator for at least another 10 minutes until set.
- While the dough is chilling make the spinach dip, simply mix all of the ingredients together in a large bowl until combined.
- Place the dough balls around the edge of the skillet touching on each side. Fill the center with the spinach dip. Bake for 17-20 minutes until the rolls are fluffy, golden brown, and cooked through. Serve.