- 1-2 ripe bananas (depending on size 2 small or 1 large)
- 3/4 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk (I use SILK brand)
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp all spice
- Everything Else:
- 6 slices of thick Texas toast
- 2-3 tbsp vegan butter
- *extra cinnamon for topping
- *maple syrup for topping
- In a food processor or blender, add your bananas, almond milk, vanilla, cinnamon, and all spice and blend until smooth!
- Add about 1 tbsp butter (maybe a tiny more) to a skillet and turn on medium heat, once butter is melted all over the skillet dip one slice at a time of bread into the mixture and place on the skillet, repeat with however many fit in your skillet at one time! Let cook approx 2 minutes or until golden and then flip to the other side gently! Repeat until all bread and wet mixture is gone.
- Top with extra cinnamon and maple syrup!
- makes about 6 slices / about 3 servings
if you like your french toast really soft then dunk each piece of bread in the banana wash and place right on the skillet, if you like it more crisp on the edges then dunk the bread and run your fingers along each side to get off some of the excess so it’s not such a thick layer of banana wash!
please note that this will not get as crispy as traditional French toast due to the fact we are using banana and not egg, but it can get a little bit of crips on the outside, though the center will remain soft.
can always use a more firm toast if you don’t like it soft.