Love hot chocolate but looking for healthier option? Try Turmeric hot chocolate! This golden drink has anti-inflammatory properties and can be enjoyed in 5 minutes.
- 1 cup Milk (250ml)
- 1½ tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp Ground Turmeric
- 2 tsp Coconut Oil , to help absorb the turmeric
- A Pinch of Black Pepper , to help absorb the turmeric
- A Pinch of Cayenne Pepper
- 2 tsp Honey
Pour milk in a sauce pan. Add cocoa powder, turmeric and coconut oil. Mix everything with a whisk until combined and bring to a boil.
Turn off the heat, add a pinch of black peper and cayenne pepper and give it a stir.
Pour in a mug. Let it cool down a bit before adding honey.
- Honey can be substituted with sugar, agave syrup or maple syrup.
- Coconut oil and Black Pepper are important here as they help your body absorb turmeric.
- Cayenne Pepper can be omitted.