WHAT YOU NEED:
- 3 cups of Trader Joe’s Riced Cauliflower or 1 head Cauliflower
- 1 cup Shredded Cheddar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pink salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- organic ketchup
- fresh chopped parsley to garnish (optional)
HOW TO DO IT:
- If you do not have Trader Joe’s riced Cauliflower, rice a head of cauliflower. You can either finely chop it in a food processor or grate it.
- Microwave the riced cauliflower for 3 minutes, until tender and set it aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine shredded cheddar, egg, egg white, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper
- Once the cauliflower is cool enough to handle place it in a paper towel or cheese cloth and squeeze tightly to ring out all the excess moisture.
- Add drained cauliflower to mixture and mix well.
- Over medium heat, heat the olive oil in a large skillet.
- Once the pan and oil are hot drop spoonfuls of the cauliflower mixture into the pan and flatten with a spatula. (I formed mine into squares for the pictures, but you don’t have to do that) cook on each side for 4 minutes or until browned
- Depending on the size of your spoonfuls you will likely be able to make more than 6 servings so check above for the nutrition facts for the full recipe so you can determine the correct carbs, fats, calories etc for your cauliflower hash browns
- serve with organic ketchup