Delicious, easy and bursting with flavor–there’s so much to love about these Cashew Chicken Lettuce Wraps! Serve them as a main dish or appetizer.
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into small pieces
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 Tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 Tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil or substitute canola oil
- 1 – 2 teaspoons Sriracha hot sauces to taste
- 3/4 cup unsalted cashews
- 1 head green leafy lettuce (romaine, bib, or butter)
- 5 green onions , chopped, divided
Season chicken pieces with salt and pepper.
In a small bowl stir together the chicken stock, soy sauce, ginger, hoisin sauce, vinegar, and cornstarch.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper and add to hot skillet. Cook, flipping once, until cooked through, about 5 minutes.
Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Reduce heat to low, add the sauce from the bowl and continue to cook, stirring, until thickened. Add sriracha hot sauce, to taste. Stir in cashews and most of the green onion, reserving a big handful for garnish at the end.
Serve in cold lettuce cups. Top with remaining chopped green onions if desired.