- one batch Fathead dough
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage
- 24 ounce jar Marinara Sauce (Such as Rao’s)
- 8 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 2 cups Italian Blend Cheese, shredded (or 1 cup mozzarella and 1 cup Parmesan, combined)
- additional fresh basil for garnish, optional
- Step 1:Roll prepared “Fathead” dough very thinly on a baking sheet covered in parchment paper. Bake for 12-14 minutes at 400 degrees until slightly brown. Cut into long lasagna “noodles”, and set aside.
- Step 2:Saute onion, bell pepper, and garlic with a little cooking oil in a large skillet.
- Step 3:Add both ground beef and sausage. Crumble and cook meat in the skillet.
- Step 4:Stir in marinara sauce.
- Step 5:In a small separate bowl stir ricotta cheese, egg, and fresh basil together.
- Step 6:Start compiling lasagna in a 9×13 casserole dish by adding sauce to the bottom, followed by a layer of ricotta mixture, shredded cheese and then the “noodles”.
- Step 7:Repeat and then end with a layer of sauce and shredded cheese.
- Step 8:Bake covered with foil for 25 minutes on 375 degrees. Bake another 10 minutes uncovered. (Tip: Spray foil with non-stick spray FIRST to avoid the foil from sticking to the cheese while baking.)
- Step 9:Serve with additional chopped basil, if desired.
Calories: 339, Carbohydrates: 9.5g, Protein: 24.4g, Fat: 22.2g