- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine or 1/2 stick
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup fresh blueberries (could use frozen)
- Mix flour, baking powder and sugar together with a whisk. Cut in butter in pieces. Beat egg and milk together in a separate bowl. Add to dry ingredients and mix with a spoon. Fold in blueberries. Turn out onto a floured surface and pat to about 1/2 inch thick with your hands. Cut out with biscuit cutter. Place on a sprayed baking sheet with biscuits touching. Bake in preheated 425 degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes until biscuits are brown on top. This makes about 12 biscuits.
- We like these biscuits either with butter and honey or with a powdered sugar glaze. The glaze is posted below.
- Topping for Biscuits
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 or 5 tablespoon milk
- In a bowl whisk together the milk and sugar until you get the consistency you want to drizzle over the biscuits.