Fresh beets are made into noodles, tossed with a simple orange vinaigrette, and topped with fresh mint and pistachios. This sprialized beet salad is quick, easy, and a fun way to eat your veggies!
- 2-4 Beets, I used a mix of red and golden, peeled and spiralized*
- 1 Orange, juiced
- 1 Tablespoon White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon Honey
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 2 Tablespoons Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Mint Leaves, thinly sliced
- ¼ Cup Pistachios, finely chopped
- Place the beet noodles in a large bowl.
- In a small mason jar, combine the orange juice, vinegar, honey, salt, pepper, and olive oil. Shake until well combined. Pour the dressing over the beet noodles.
- Add in the mint and pistachios and toss well. Serve immediately. See notes for make ahead directions.
- *To make the salad easier to eat, cut the noodles down a bit.
- *To make this salad ahead: combine the beet noodles with the mint and pistachios and keep the dressing separate. When you’re ready to serve, toss the salad with the dressing. This method will keep the color and freshness – I did try tossing it with the dressing the day before and while it still tasted good, the color was a little drab!