- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 2 jalapeños, seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt and pepper
- 3 cups homemade or store-bought red enchilada sauce
- 3-4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1-2 cup cooked white or brown rice
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped, plus more for serving
- tortilla chips, diced mango, sliced avocado, limes, shredded cheddar, and yogurt, for serving
In the bottom your crockpot, layer the onion, jalapeños, and garlic. Add the chicken, cumin, salt, and pepper. Pour over the enchilada sauce and 3 cups broth.
Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or on high for 4-6 hours. Shred the chicken using two forks. Stir in the rice, lime juice, and cilantro. Taste and add salt if needed.
Ladle the soup into bowls and top with tortilla chips, mango, avocado, cheese, and yogurt. Garnish with cilantro and limes. Enjoy!