- 1 1/2 cups packed shredded zucchini (no need to peel the zucchini)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup panko or regular bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil (or 1-2 teaspoons fresh)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly coat with cooking spray or lightly grease an unlined baking sheet.
- Place the shredded zucchini in a clean kitchen towel and wring out all the excess water over the sink until the zucchini is really dry.
- Place the zucchini and remaining ingredients in a medium bowl and mix until combined.
- Drop the mixture by tablespoonfuls on the prepared baking sheet and lightly press the mounds with your hands to flatten slightly.
- Bake for 16-20 minutes until the edges are golden.