This creamy Keto Chicken Soup, AKA Low-carb Chicken and “Rice” Soup is pure comfort food and so fast and easy to throw together. If you have shredded chicken on hand, this soup will take you less than 15 minutes to make.
- 2 tablespoons (1oz) butter
- 2 cloves garlic pressed or minced
- 2 cups shredded chicken 2 small/1 large chicken breast
- 4 ounces cream cheese cubed
- 2 cups (1 14.5oz can) chicken broth
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes optional
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder optional
- 1 1/2 cup cauliflower rice cooked
- Salt to taste
In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until lightly golden, about 30 seconds. Add chicken and stir until coated in butter.
Add cubed cream cheese and stir until cream cheese melts and coats the chicken.
Add broth, heavy cream, parsley, and onion powder. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, and turn stove down so soup is just at a simmer. Simmer for 3 to 4 minutes until slightly reduced. Stir in cooked cauliflower rice and salt to taste. If your cauliflower was cold, heat soup over medium until hot.
Serve and enjoy!