Whether you eat keto or not, this zesty queso keto chicken soup is my new favorite for chilly nights. You can make it in the slow cooker or instant pot and it’s creamy, slightly spicy and full of flavor.
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 28 ounces petite diced tomatoes 2 cans, not drained
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup salsa verde or green salsa
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- avocado and monterrey jack cheese for topping
Place chicken, taco seasoning, tomatoes with juices, salt, chicken broth, and green salsa in Instant Pot. Set to manual mode and cook for 10 minutes at high pressure. Allow pressure to release naturally (about 15 minutes), remove and shred the chicken. Set aside.
Stir softened cream cheese into the soup in the pot and whisk until fully melted into the soup. Return chicken to the soup and serve with diced avocado and monterrey jack cheese.
Place all ingredients in the slow cooker and cook on low for 6 hours or until the chicken is tender and shreds easily. Whisk cream cheese into the broth fully if needed after cooking time is up.