1/2 cup melted butter (or 1/4 cup butter + 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce)
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup cornmeal
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
8-10 all-beef hot dogs, cut into 1″ bites (Pictured are Open Nature brand nitrate free all beef hot dogs)
- Wisk together butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and stir well.
- Add buttermilk and continue to wisk together.
- In a separate bowl, combine baking soda, cornmeal, flour, and salt, and stir to combine. Whisk into wet ingredients in two batches.
- Spray a mini muffin tin with non-stick spray, and spoon 1 Tablespoon of batter into each mini muffin cup.
- Place one hot dog bite into the middle of each muffin cup.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes at 375 degrees or until cornbread is golden bron.
- Cool in mini muffin tin for 5 minutes before serving. Makes around 36 mini corn dog muffins