Prep Time 10 mins
Cook Time 10 mins
Total Time 20 mins
Calories: 125 kcal
- 1 lb ground beef (85% lean)
- 3 T butter
- 2 oz cheese (any kind; I used Colby Jack)
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Onion powder to taste (optional)
- Garlic powder to taste (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine ground beef with your desired amount of salt and pepper. Optionally, add onion powder and/or garlic powder.
- Press a small amount of beef (about 1 tbsp) into the bottom of a non-stick, 12-slot muffin pan so the bottom is fully covered.
- Add a pat of butter to the top of each piece of beef.
- Again add beef to the top. Press to flatten.
- Add a small piece of cheese to the beef.
- Add a final layer of beef. (It’s okay if you don’t have quite enough beef left to fully cover the top of the cheese.) Press to flatten.
- Place the muffin pan in the oven and bake for 10 minutes. **If using a silicone muffin pan, place it on top of a cookie sheet before adding it to the oven!**
- When the baking is complete, turn OFF the oven and crack the oven door for a few minutes to release the heat. This is to allow the excess oil to cool down.
- Please be VERY CAREFUL before removing your muffin pan from the oven because the fat from the beef and butter will be very hot.
- Using a fork, remove each Butter Burger from the pan and place on a plate. (Note: Your burgers should be cooked through; if they’re not, return them to the oven for a few minutes.)
- There will be a delicious beef fat/butter combo remaining in the muffin pan. Save this and use it to drizzle on your Butter Burgers, cook veggies, etc.