Low-sugar, low-carb, gluten-free and keto-friendly Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownie recipe, the perfect low carb dessert. NET CARBS: 7.2g
- yield 20 brownies
- 1 cup unsalted butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup erythritol
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups Bob’s Red Mill Super-Fine Almond Flour
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Using butter, grease a 9×9 inch baking pan, set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt cubed butter in the microwave, about 1 minute. Add cocoa powder and stir until fully incorporated.
- Stir in erythritol and continue to stir until fully incorporated, set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs and vanilla together. Add chocolate mixture to the egg mixture and stir until fully incorporated. Add almond flour and walnuts and stir in until flour is completely incorporated and walnuts are evenly distributed.
- Spoon batter into greased baking pan and bake for 20-25 minutes. Brownies will be moist and fudge-like, so be careful not to over bake!
- In a microwave safe bowl, add peanut butter and melt in the microwave, about one minute (see notes on how to not burn the peanut butter).
- Smooth peanut butter over brownies evenly. Cool completely before cutting into 20 squares. Store in an air-tight container.
You may see some butter come to the top of the brownies. Gently pat the brownies with a paper towel if this happens Most of it will set in the brownies once they start to cool.Try melting the peanut butter in 30 second increments, stirring in-between, to prevent it from burning/clumping. I cool these brownies quicker by placing them in the refrigerator. I also store them in the refrigerator in an airtight container stacked on top of each other, with wax paper in-between.