This Fall harvest salad features the best Fall flavours: squash, apple, kale, brussel sprouts, beets, pomegranate and cranberries. All that topped off with a sweet and tangy tahini maple dressing? Perfection.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 4
For the Salad
- 4 cups halved brussel sprouts, roasted
- 4 cups diced roasted squash (butternut, kabocha or acorn)
- 4 small beets, diced
- 2 cups tightly packed, finely chopped kale
- 1 apple, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup pomegranate arils
For the Tahini Maple Dressing
- 5 tbsp (75 g) tahini
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic
- 4-6 tbsp water, to reach desired consistency
- pinch of salt, to taste
- To Roast the Brussel Sprouts.Place the halved brussel sprouts on a pan, drizzle with a bit of olive oil, salt and pepper and roast at 400 degrees until tender.
- To Roast the Squash. There are a few different ways you can do this but I de-seeded my squash and roasted it in large chunks on a pan until tender. Once it was cooked, I peeled off the skin and diced it for the salad. I used 2 cups of kabocha squash and 2 cups of acorn squash. You can cook it at the same time as the brussel sprouts.
- To Cook the Beets. I diced up 4 small beets, wrapped them in tin foil with a little balsamic vinegar and maple syrup and placed them in the oven with the brussels and squash. Let them cook in the tin foil until tender. If you prefer, just add a little splash of water to the tin foil instead of balsamic and vinegar.
- To Make the Dressing. Add all the dressing ingredients to a blender and mix until smooth and creamy. I like my Ninja single-serve cup or immersion blender for this.
- To Assemble the Salad. Place everything in a large bowl, top with the dressing and mix well. Serve immediately or store in the fridge for up to 4 days.