Sweet & Sticky Teriyaki Meatballs piled on top of a really yummy broccoli fried rice.
- For the Meatballs:
- 500g Ground Beef
- 1/4 cup spring onions finely sliced
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1/4 cup wholewheat breadcrumbs
- 1 Egg
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil for cooking
- For the Sauce
- 2 Cloves Garlic Gruched
- 1 teaspoon crushed ginger
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 Tablespoons honey (or raw sugar)
- 1/4 Cup Soy Sauce )or Tamari
- 2 Tablespoons Apple Cider
- Preheat oven to 400F / 180C
- To Make the Meatballs: Mix all meatball ingredients together until well combined. Using your hands, form the mix into walnut sized ,meatballs. I like to think that each meatball is about two bite. Heat a pan on the stove and add a little olive oil to prevent sticking. Fry your meatballs in two – three batches for around 5 minutes until lightly browned all over. I use a spoon to turn them over in the pan. Remove the meatballs from the pan and place them on an oven tray lined with baking paper. This recipe makes around 15 – 20 meatballs.
- To make the Sauce: Add all sauce ingredients to the meatball pan (this saves on washing). Bring to the boil. Then pour over the tray of meatballs.
- Pop the tray into the oven and bake for around 15 – 20 minutes until meatballs are cooked through and sauce has thickened.
- Serve with rice and extra soy sauce (optional)