Crispy Southwest Wraps are one of our go-to, easy meals. They take less than 30-minutes and my family loves them!
Prep Time 10 mins
Cook Time 15 mins
Total Time 25 mins
Calories: 419 kcal
- 1 pound ground beef
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 15 ounce can black beans , drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn , thawed
- 1/2 red bell pepper , chopped
- 1 green onion , chopped
- 1 cup cooked rice (leftover rice works great!), white, brown, rice pilaf, wild rice
- 1 1/2 cups freshly shredded cheddar cheese (or Monterey or pepperjack)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 6-8 large flour tortillas
Add the ground beef to a large skillet over medium heat. Cook and crumble until browned. Drain grease.
Season with a little salt and pepper and add chili powder, cumin, garlic powder and water. Stir to combine.
Add black beans, corn, bell pepper, and onions and toss to combine. Saute for a 2-3 minutes.
Heat a large skillet over medium high heat.
Warm the rice. Layer tortilla with a handful of cheese evenly spread across the tortilla.
Add a small scoop of rice, placing it in a line along one end of the tortilla.
On top of the rice add a few small dollops of sour cream, and a spoonful of the beef filling. Starting at that end, roll the tortilla up, folding in the sides like a burrito.
Spray the skillet generously with cooking spray and place the wraps seam side down on the greased skillet.
Gently brush the tops of the wraps lightly with oil, or spray them with cooking spray. Turn the wraps every minute or two until they are golden and crispy on all sides.
Serve warm, with salsa and/or a creamy cilantro dipping sauce.