Slow Cooker Jerk Chicken is a quick recipe with fantastic authentic Jamaican flavors of peppers, onions, allspice and cloves and with no mess to clean up.
- Yield: 6
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 hours
- Total Time: 8 hours 10minutes
- 6 chicken thighs bone and skin on
- 3 green onions from tip to tail with root trimmed
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper de-seeded and de-veined
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
Add the chicken thighs to a large skillet and brown them on medium high heat on both sides for 3-5 minutes.
In a food processor add the green onions, onion, jalapeno, soy sauce, vinegar, vegetable oil, brown sugar, thyme, cloves, nutmeg and allspice and puree until smooth.
Add the chicken to the slow cooker skin side up and pour the sauce over the chicken.
Cook on low for 8 hours.