This Keto Mexican Cauliflower Rice is a savory side dish to complement any low carb Mexican dish. Especially if you’ve been struggling to make cauliflower rice a part of your diet, you NEED to try this recipe!
- Yield: 4 Servings
- 4 cups fresh riced cauliflower (about 1 medium head)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 small jalapeno, chopped
- 1 clove garlic,minced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup cilantro,chopped
- diced tomato,optional
- sour cream, optional
- Remove core and leaves from cauliflower. Cut into florets and pulse in food processor or use grater. Set aside.
- In skillet, over medium heat, add coconut oil and tomato paste. As coconut oil melts, gently mix with tomato paste.
- Add onion and jalapeno to pan. Cook until the mixture begins to soften, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add garlic to pan and sir for 30 seconds, then pour in chicken broth.
- Add riced cauliflower to pan. Sprinkle salt and chili powder over cauliflower and gently fold into broth until coated and red.
- Continue cooking cauliflower until most moisture in the pan has evaporated and cauliflower is tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- Turn off heat and fold in cilantro. Serve with diced tomatoes, sour cream, and additional cilantro, if desired.
You can use frozen cauliflower, but you may need to reduce the amount of broth.