Yields: 2 servings | Serving Size: 1 | Calories: 367 | Total Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 224mg | Sodium: 552mg | Carbohydrates: 27g | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Protein: 20g | SmartPoints: 12
- 2 whole wheat pitas
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup low fat fontina cheese, shredded (mozzarella can be substituted)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves (not ground)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven broiler to low broil. Lightly spray a baking sheet with non stick spray.
- Place each pita on the baking sheet and brush with olive oil. Divide cheese between the pitas and spread in an even layer. Sprinkle with oregano and garlic powder. Arrange the spinach on each pita, about 1/2 cup per pita, in a ring. Leaving a space in the middle with no spinach.
- Once the broiler is hot, carefully break each egg into the center of the spinach ring. Broil for 6 to 7 minutes or until the egg whites are set. The yolks will be runny. If a more hard yolk is desired, increase the broil time.
- Cut before serving and enjoy!