Holiday cookie meets healthier ingredients in these soft-baked sugar-coated Snickerdoodle Breakfast Cookies. Vegan, gluten-free, and easy to make!
- 1 1/2 cup (150g) rolled oats
- 1 cup (65g) unsweetened coconut (or nuts of choice)
- 1/3 cup (45g) hemp seeds (or seeds of choice)
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp ground flax + 2 tbsp water
- 1/4 cup (60g) applesauce
- 1/4 cup (80g) maple syrup
- 1/4 cup (65g) nut/seed butter* (I used cashew butter)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Cinnamon Sugar Coating:
- 2 tbsp cane sugar**
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Stir together the ground flax and water. Set aside to thicken.
- Add the oats, coconut, hemp seeds, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt to a food processor. Grind to a fine flour consistency.
- Add the nut/seed butter, applesauce, maple syrup, flax egg, and vanilla. Process to form a sticky dough.
- In a small shallow dish, stir together the cinnamon and sugar.
- Form into balls. Roll to coat in cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Arrange on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Press to flatten slightly.
- Bake for 12-15 minuets at 350F or until golden around the edges.
- Cool for 5-10 minutes. Enjoy!
- Keep leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week, or freeze for longer storage.