Serve up this chunky dip made from creamy butternut squash and a zesty blend of herbs and spices.
- Inactive Time: 1 hr
- Cook Time: 50 mins
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Serves: 2 cups
- 3 cups butternut squash, chopped
- 1 t garlic powder
- 1 t of salt
- 2 T olive oil, divided
- 2 T tahini
- 1 T lemon juice
- 1 t curry powder
- 2 T water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 T pine nuts
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F.
- Place butternut squash onto a baking sheet. Sprinkle with garlic powder, salt, and 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until the butternut squash is fully cooked. Remove from the oven and let it cool.
- In a blender, combine the cooked butternut squash, tahini, the remaining olive oil, lemon juice, and curry. Add the water in small amounts until the dip reaches your desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a bowl and let it cool in the fridge for at least one hour.
- In the meantime, wipe the baking sheet clean and spread the pine nuts on top. Bake them at 375°F for 5 minutes, stirring halfway. Keep an eye on them since they tend to brown quickly.
- Sprinkle the cooled dip with pine nuts and fresh parsley. Serve and enjoy!