These Cranberry Cream Cheese Muffins are super moist and enhanced with fresh orange zest, tart cranberries and topped with a sweet icing.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 24 muffins
For the Muffins:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 8oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups fresh (or frozen) cranberries
- 2 tsp freshly grated orange zest
For the Icing:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp cold milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease or line a muffin tin with paper cups, then set aside.
- Cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar in the bowl of your stand mixer, using the paddle attachment, until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well between each one. Beat in the vanilla and almond extracts.
- Meanwhile combine the flour, baking powder and salt in a separate bowl and whisk to combine. Stir in the dry ingredients to the wet ones, just until moistened (do not over mix).
- Fold in the cranberries and orange zest, then divide the batter among the muffin cups, filling about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until lightly golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool for 5 minutes in the pan before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Combine the icing ingredients in a bowl and whisk until smooth. Drizzle over the cooled muffins. Keep muffins stored in an airtight container. Enjoy!