The best summertime macaroni salad! Just like what you remember eating as a kid but here it’s made a little healthier with Greek yogurt in the dressing. It’s layered with colorful veggies and sure to satisfy!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Servings: 8 servings
- Calories: 247 kcal
- 8 oz . dry elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup Hellmann’s or Best Foods Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup fat free or low fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp honey
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 steamed or hard boiled eggs , peeled and chopped
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 cup matchstick carrots , roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh parsley
Cook macaroni in salted water according to directions on package (I added about 1/2 tbsp salt to the water).
Drain and rinse with cold water until completely cool. Let drain very well.
In a medium mixing bowl stir together mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, vinegar, mustard, honey, and season with salt and pepper to taste (start with about 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper then add more salt after you’ve added the dressing to the pasta).
Add well drained macaroni to a large mixing bowl along with eggs, bell pepper, carrots, celery and onion (if you like to have some color over you salad I like set aside some of the veggies to sprinkle over the top).
Pour dressing over top, add in parsley and toss mixture to evenly coat. Serve or store in refrigerator up to 1 day.
Recipe source: Cooking Classy