Slow Cooker Lasagna – our favorite lasagna recipe made in the slow cooker! SO easy! No need to boil the noodles – just toss them in the slow cooker unbaked.They will cook along with the lasagna in the slow cooker. Italian sausage, cottage cheese, egg, parsley, spaghetti sauce, tomato sauce, lasagna noodles, mozzarella and parmesan. Serve with some garlic bread and a salad. Can freeze leftovers for later.
- prep time: 10 mins
- cook time: 4 hourtotal
- time: 4 hours and 10 mins
- 1-1/4 pounds Italian sausage, removed from casings or ground beef
- 1 (26-oz) jar spaghetti sauce
- 2 (8-oz) cans tomato sauce
- 4 cups cottage cheese
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 Tbsp dried parsley
- 16-oz mozzarella slices
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 12 lasagna noodles, uncooked
- In a large skillet, cook Italian sausage until crumbled and no longer pink. Drain fat. Stir in spaghetti sauce and tomato sauce. Set aside.
- Combine cottage cheese, egg and parsley. Set aside.
- Spray a 6-qt Slow Cooker with cooking spray. Spread 1 cup of sauce in bottom of slow cooker.
- Top sauce with 4 lasagna noodles, breaking to fit. Spread 1/3 of cottage cheese mixture of on top of noodles. Top with 1/4 of mozzarella slices. Top mozzarella with 1/3 of remaining sauce. Sprinkle 1/3 of parmesan cheese on top of sauce.
- Repeat layers two more times. – noodles, cottage cheese, mozzarella, sauce and parmesan. Top lasagna with remaining mozzarella slices.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on LOW for 4 hours.