Cheesy Bacon Chicken – with only 5 ingredients and a 5-minute preparation, you will feel the bacon love in no time!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Total Time: 45 mins
Servings: 6 servings
Calories: 345 kcal
- 5-6 chicken breasts , cut in half width wise (about 2.5-3 lbs.)
- 2 tbsp seasoning rub (I use my smoked paprika rub, but you can use a seasoning salt or bbq rub – basically any rub with salt, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika – not an herb rub)
- 1/2 pound bacon , cut strips in half
- 4 oz shredded cheddar
- sugar free barbecue sauce , optional, to serve
- Preheat oven to 400. Spray a large rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Rub both sides of chicken breasts with seasoning rub. Top each with a piece of bacon. Bake for 30 min on the top rack until the chicken is 160 degrees and the bacon looks crispy.
- Remove tray from the oven and sprinkle the cheese oven the bacon. Put back in the oven for about 10 min until the cheese is bubbly and golden. Serve with barbecue sauce.