- PREP TIME: 10 minutes
- COOK TIME: 6 hours
- TOTAL TIME: 6 hours 10 minutes
- SERVINGS: 12 servings
- 1 package Hurst’s® HamBeens® 15 Bean Soup®
- 8 cups low sodium chicken broth can sub water, beef, or vegetable broth for added flavor
- 1 leftover ham bone with meat or ham hocks, diced ham or 1 lb. cooked sausage
- 1 onion diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder optional
- 1 15 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 lemon juiced
- Optional: Hot sauce or crushed red pepper to taste
Rinse beans and drain. Sort any unwanted debris and set seasoning packet aside.
Place beans, onions, ham bone (or diced ham), broth/water, garlic and chili powder in a 6qt slow cooker.
Cook on high 5 hours (or low for 7-8) or until beans are tender.
Once tender, remove the hambone (if used) and chop any meat left on the bone and add it back to the pot.
Stir in diced tomatoes, Ham Flavor packet, and lemon juice.
Cook for additional 30 minutes.
Calories: 259, Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 14mg, Sodium: 387mg, Potassium: 960mg, Carbohydrates: 34g, Fiber: 8g, Sugar: 2g, Protein: 18g, Vitamin A: 1.9%, Vitamin C: 14.6%, Calcium: 7.7%, Iron: 18.9%