Chicken breasts are pan-seared before cooking them in a slow cooker with lemon juice, garlic, and chicken stock. An easy recipe that pleases just about everyone.
Ready in: 3hr30min
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 skinless chicken breast fillets
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 60ml water
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chicken stock paste
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- In a bowl, mix the oregano, salt and pepper. Rub the mixture into chicken. Melt the butter in a frying pan over medium heat. Brown chicken in butter for 3 to 5 minutes on each side. Place chicken in a slow cooker.
- In the same frying pan, mix the water, lemon juice, garlic, and stock paste. Bring the mixture to the boil. Pour over the chicken in the slow cooker.
- Cover, and cook on High for 3 hours, or Low for 6 hours. Add the parsley to the slow cooker 15 to 30 minutes before the end of the cook time.