Dark Chocolate Pistachio Slice & Bake Cookies are so easy and made with just 6 ingredients! These buttery shortbread cookies are loaded with pistachios and then dunked in dark chocolate. So good with a cup of coffee or tea!
- yield: 2 dozen cookies
- 1 cup unsalted pistachios, shelled
- 4 ounces unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 8 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- Place the pistachios in a small bowl and cover with water; set aside for 30 minutes.
- Drain the pistachios well and place them on a paper towel to air dry while you assemble the cookie dough.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or in a large bowl using a handheld electric mixer, combine the butter and sugar and beat on medium-high speed until pale and fluffy. Add in the egg and beat until combined. Add in the flour and pistachios and beat until combined. Your dough should be stiff.
- Sprinkle 2 Tablespoons of flour over a clean work surface. Scrape the cookie dough onto the surface and gently knead it for 30 seconds. Divide the dough in half, then roll each portion of cookie dough into a log that’s roughly 2″ in diameter. Wrap each log tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours (or up to 5 days).
- When you’re ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350 degrees (F). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat baking mat.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and place it on a cutting board. Using a sharp knife, slice the logs of cookie dough into 1/4″ rounds. Place the cookies 1/2″ apart on the prepared baking sheet, and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until lightly golden. Remove the oven and place the pan on a cooling rack. Cool for at least 15 minutes before removing.
- In the meantime, make the chocolate coating.
- Melt the chopped chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave. If using the microwave method, place the chopped chocolate in a medium heat-proof bowl. Melt in the microwave, on low power, in 15 second increments, stirring after each increment until completely melted and smooth.
- Dip each cookie halfway into the chocolate then return to the lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with sea salt or additional chopped pistachios, if desired. Allow the chocolate to set before serving. To speed this up, place the baking sheet into the refrigerator. Once set, serve and enjoy! These are really good with coffee or tea.