Addicting! These slow cooker honey chipotle meatballs are made with chicken and are so easy to put together! Just 10 simple ingredients and these come together in a flash! You can make them even quicker if you swap out the homemade meatballs for the remade frozen ones!
- prep time: 10 MINS
- cook time: 2 HOURS 10 MINS
- total time: 2 HOURS 20 MINS
- 2 pounds ground chicken (or turkey)
- 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs (or panko)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon EACH: garlic powder AND onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt + 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (13-ounce) jar cherry preserves
- 1 (18-ounce) bottle honey chipotle barbecue sauce
- ½ teaspoon EACH: red pepper flakes AND garlic powder
- PREP: Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 400ºF. Line two baking sheets with parchment or foil; set aside.
- MIX: In a large bowl, add the eggs, panko, seasonings and combine, then add the meat and mix. Using a 1 tablespoon measuring scoop, measure and roll out the meatballs, about 50-60. Place on baking sheets and bake for 9 minutes.
- SLOW COOKER: In a large measuring cup, whisk together the ingredients for the sauce. Spray the insert of a 3-quart slow cooker (or larger) with nonstick cooking spray. Pour in one-third of the sauce. Place the meatballs in the slow cooker. And cover with the remaining sauce. Cover and cook on low for 2 hours. Stir gently after the first hour. Sprinkle with chopped green onions or parsley before serving if desired.