Flavorful and hearty, this Italian Chopped Salad has all of the great flavors of Italy in one huge salad!
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 40 mins
- Yield: 8 servings as a main dish, 16 servings as a side dish
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dry Italian seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup ditalini pasta
- 3 cups chopped romaine hearts
- 1 can (15 oz) chickpeas, drained
- 1 jar (7.5 oz) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup cubed salami
- 1 cup cubed Provolone
- 3/4 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup mini pepperoni
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- Pepperoncini peppers
- To make the dressing, combine the vinegar, honey, mustard, seasoning and garlic in a blender. Season with salt and pepper. Blend to combine. Slowly stream in the olive oil to emulsify. Alternately, add all the ingredients to a jar and shake until completely combined slightly thickened.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente. Drain and cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the romaine, chickpeas, artichoke hearts, tomatoes, salami, provolone, cucumber, pepperoni and green onions. Add in the cooled pasta. Add in the dressing and toss to coat.
- Serve the salad topped with a few whole pepperoncini peppers.