Char grilled and skinny lemon garlic shrimp Caesar salad with a lightened up creamy Caesar dressing! Easy to make with creamy avocado slices, crunchy croutons, shaved parmesan cheese, and a soft boiled egg!
- Servings: 2
- 1/4 cup cubed ciabatta or sourdough (or store bought croutons)
- 1 pound | 500 g large raw shrimp (prawns), peeled and deveined, tails intact
- Juice of 1/2 a large lemon
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Pinch of salt
- Cracked pepper , to taste
- ¼ cup non fat diced bacon
- 1 egg , soft boiled (or poached)
- 4 cups Romaine (Cos) lettuce, leaves washed and dried
- 1/2 an avocado , sliced
- 1/4 cup shaved parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup plain , non fat greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon whole egg mayo (reduced fat)
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove , crushed (or 1 teaspoons minced garlic)
- 1 anchovy fillet , finely chopped or minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
Preheat the oven to grill/broil settings on medium – high heat. Place the cubed bread onto an oven tray; drizzle with olive oil (or spray with cooking oil spray) and bake in the oven (on middle shelf) until crispy. Alternatively, use store bought croutons.
Combine the shrimp in a shallow bowl with the lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper. Allow to marinade for 10 minutes or so while preparing your other ingredients.
Heat a grill pan (or skillet or non stick pan) with a light drizzle of olive oil; fry the bacon until golden and crispy. Transfer to a warm plate; set aside.
Drain some of the bacon fat from the pan, leaving about 1 teaspoon in the pan for the shrimp. Fry the shrimp for 2-3 minutes each side (be careful not to over cook or they will get rubbery!) Set aside.
Combine the yogurt, mayo, oil, garlic, anchovies, lemon juice and parmesan in a magic bullet blender, small blender or a small food processor. Blend until well combined; add salt and pepper to your tastes, and blend again until smooth. Taste test.
Combine the lettuce with the shrimp and bacon; avocado slices; shaved parmesan cheese; and croutons. Pour over the dressing; mix well to combine. Slice the egg and arrange on top.