- 1 package rice paper spring roll wrappers
- 1 (5 oz.) bag baby spring lettuces
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 hothouse cucumber, sliced
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup thinly sliced purple cabbage
- fresh mint and basil
- 1 recipe Simple Thai Peanut Sauce
- Fill a wide bowl with at least an inch of warm water. Dip one rice paper wrap in the water and let soften 5 to 10 seconds. Remove from the water and lay on your work surface.
- Place a handful of the greens toward one end of the soaked wrap. Top with the other veggies and herbs. If you would like one certain veggie showing at the top of the rolls, lay that toward the other end. I like the look of avocado slices underneath the transparent paper, so I place it separately.
- Pick up the end of the rice paper closest to your mound of veggies and tightly wrap it over the veggies. Grab each end and fold over like a burrito. The paper will stick to itself. Continue wrapping the roll until sealed. Continue making the rolls this way until you’ve made all you want or are out of ingredients. Store the rolls covered in the refrigerator until ready to eat, then cut in half on the bias. Enjoy with peanut sauce.