Zucchini Crust Pizza is the perfect way to use up that zucchini! A healthier and delicious low carb option that the entire family will go crazy for.
- Zucchini crust:
- 2½ cups zucchini, squeezed dry and liquid removed
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup flour
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup pepperoni
- ¼ cup sliced olives
- ½ cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- fresh chopped basil for garnish
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, add zucchini, eggs, flour, and salt and mix. Add parmesan and mozzarella cheese and mix until incorporated. On a 12-inch pizza dish, spread zucchini crust into a 10-inch circle. Bake for 13-16 minutes or until golden brown and set.
- Remove the crust from the oven and reduce oven temperature to 400 degrees. Add pizza sauce, cheese, and toppings to the zucchini crust. Sprinkle with oregano and bake for 10-13 minutes more until cheese is melted and bubbly. Garnish with freshly chopped basil if desired.