These vegan cauliflower tacos with vegan yogurt garlic sauce are the perfect comfort food! They’re super crispy, easy to make, and sooo delicious!!
Prep Time 20 minutes
Total Time 1 hour 10 minutes
Servings 6 tacos
Calories 253 kcal
For the cauliflower wings:
- 1 small head of cauliflower
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond or soy milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika powder
- 1 cup BBQ-sauce
- sriracha sauce (optional)
For the tacos:
- 1 small romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/4 small red cabbage, cut into stripes
- 1 avocado, cut into stripes
- juice from one lime
- sriracha sauce
- green onions, cut into rings
- fresh cilantro
- 6 medium corn or flour tortillas
For the vegan yogurt garlic sauce:
- 1 cup unsweetened plant-based coconut or soy yogurt
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, minced
Heat the oven to 350 °F.
In a large bowl, combine the flour, the plant-based milk, the water, the garlic power, the paprika powder, the salt, and the black pepper.
Cut the cauliflower into bite-sized florets. Dip the florets into the batter, so they’re completely coated. Roll them in the panko breadcrumbs (omit this step for a gluten-free version and use chickpea flour instead of all-purpose flour). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lay the cauliflower florets on the baking sheet. Don’t put them on top of each other. Bake for 25 minutes.
Remove them from the oven and dip them in the BBQ sauce. Coat evenly. Put them back on the baking sheet. If you want them to be spicier drizzle a bit of sriracha sauce on top or add it to the BBQ sauce before coating the cauliflower wings. Bake for another 25 minutes.
For the yogurt garlic sauce, combine all ingredients and season with salt and pepper.
Serve the cauliflower wings on the soft tortillas together with the lettuce, the red cabbage, the green onions, the cilantro, and the avocado. Drizzle some fresh lime juice on top and serve with the yogurt garlic sauce and some more sriracha sauce (optional). Enjoy!