This easy southwest tortellini pasta salad is ready in 30 minutes, loaded with veggies and protein and coated in a delicious and healthy southwest dressing.
- Prep Time 20 mins
- Cook Time 8 mins
- Total Time 28 mins
- Servings: 5
- Calories: 607 kcal
- 20 ounce package three cheese refrigerated tortellini
- 1 cup corn fresh from 1 ear of cooked corn, canned or frozen corn
- 15 ounce can black beans , drained and rinsed
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 avocado , chopped
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes , halved
- 1/4 cup red onion , chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro , chopped
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- juice from 2 limes
- 2 Tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Cook the tortellini according to package instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
Add tortellini to a large bowl. Add cooked corn, black beans, bell pepper, avocado, cherry tomatoes, onion, and cilantro.
Combine all of the dressing ingredients in a resealable jar. Shake until combined. Pour desired amount of dressing (you may not want to use it all) over the pasta and toss to coat.