- Yields: 4 servings
- Serving Size: 5 chicken nuggets (1/4 of recipe depending on size of nuggets)
- 1 pound chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 3/4 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 1-1/2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Slice the chicken to cubes then sprinkle them with salt and pepper. Prepare 3 bowls for the following: flour, egg and quinoa. Coat the chicken with the flour then shake off the excess. Dip the chicken in the egg then shake off the excess.
- Lastly, coat the chicken with the quinoa then press lightly to make the quinoa stick to the chicken.
- On a baking pan lined with parchment paper, place the chicken nuggets side by side. Drizzle with the olive oil. Bake in the oven between 40 – 45 minutes or until they turn golden brown.
- Serve with your favorite sauce while still hot.