- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 40 mins
Calories: 560 kcal
- 100 g dried rice noodles
- 8 whole Shrimp ,peeled and deveined
- 2 whole Eggs
- 1 cup Shredded Napa Cabbage
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup shredded red onion
- 1 fresh green pepper ,shredded (I use half green and half red)
- 1 scallion or green onion ,cut into 2 inch sections
- 1/3 cup Chinese Char Siu or sausage ,finely sliced or shredded
- 1.5 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1/2 tbsp. golden curry powder
- 1 tbsp. cooking wine
- 1/2 tbsp. light soy sauce
- 1 tsp. dark soy sauce
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- 1/2 tbsp. oyster sauce ,optional
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt or as needed
Pre-soak the rice noodles for around 20 to 30 minutes until soft and then drain.
Heat up around 1/2 tablespoon oil in pan and make a thin omelet. Then shred the egg omelet on your cutting board after cooling down.
Slice other ingredients and mix the stir fry sauce in a small bowl.
Heat up around 1 tablespoon oil in wok over medium fire. Add shrimp and Char Siu meat or sausage or ham to fry for around 10 to 20 seconds until aroma. Add other side ingredients including carrot, green pepper, onion and cabbage to fry for another 30 seconds or until they are slightly soften.
Spread the curry power on the mixture and mix well.
Add rice noodles in and after that stir in the stir fry sauce in. Make quick movements to coat all the contents with stir fry sauce evenly.
Add shredded egg omelet and scallions or green onions. Fry for another 20 second or so.
Transfer out and serve hot.
Since both soy sauce and oyster sauce contains salt, so I spare salt in this recipe. For any reason you need to cut or reduce any of the ingredients, increase the salt amount accordingly.
Please test with small batch firstly as chow Mei fun or other rice noodles needs frying practices. If you are trying to make a larger batch, make sure you get a larger wok and stronger fire.