This Creamy Garlic Mushrooms is an incredible and by far one of the easiest mushroom side dishes I have ever made.
- Prep time:
- Cook time:
- Total time:
- Serves: 2-3
- 2 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 8 oz baby bella, baby portobella, cremini or some white mushrooms, whole
- 2 tablespoons of cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons of parmesan, freshly grated
- salt and black pepper
- small handful fresh parsley, finely chopped, divided
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic and mushrooms, gently cook, stirring occasionally, until tender and starting to caramelise and take on colour, about 5-6 minutes.
- Remove from heat while adding the cream cheese, parmesan cheese, fresh parsley and salt and pepper – season up to your taste.
- Bring back to heat and continue to stir and cook for another minute, until it come to the boil, then turn down the heat and simmer until slightly reduced and thickened for 4-5 minutes before removing from the heat.
- Divide the mushrooms between your plates and scatter over the reserved fresh parsley leaves.
- Or toast the bread and spread the butter over it – cut into 4 triangles and spoon the creamy garlic mushrooms over the top, and garnish with fresh parsley.